Thursday, February 10, 2011

everything is going to be o.k.
yes, everything will be o.k., right?
sometimes i want to be 16 again with the only responsibility i had were homework and paying for my own gas. but, i know that is not how it is, and i wouldn't change my family for even a day of that feeling. ok maybe like an hour ;) totally kidding, you knew that tho ;) 
all the stress has to be worth something right? climbing a ladder, that seems to be leading to no where, is sometimes exhausting. 
But at night when my children are fast asleep and I go in and see them in dreamland, nothing, nothing will get in my way of making sure that they are well taken care of and nothing will ever stop me from telling them to always dream big.
but how can i just tell them?
i need to show them.
and that is exactly my focus right now.
bills, housework... i can't be thinking of that all the time... (and a lot of the time it's practically written on my forehead every time i look in the mirror).

i'm not much of a religious person, but faithful... yes. i believe in a higher power, i believe that there is a greater good. i needed some strength, and i went looking. and found this:

1 Corinthians 3:10-15 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should be careful how he builds. For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work. If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.

 for some reason it inspired me. inspired me to really pay attention to what i am doing on a day to day basis. it has helped my heart.

found here

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hang in their Bry...
Just remember, things are temporary and time changes everything.
Hope you're having a good Valentine's Day!