Friday, November 18, 2011

build me up BUTTERCUP

 Although I don't have pictures of my most recent cupcake experience, I wanted to share with you a yummy bakery located in West Los Angeles.
Shawna, Nicole, and I took a day and ventured to Los Angeles (by the way, so glad that I don't have to deal with that traffic on a daily basis) to see a taping of Chelsea Lately, and of course had to take a detour to feed the bellies some sweets!
We found where we had to be for the show and then off we were, down W. Pico to find Buttercup Bakery. We almost missed it considering it is a very small little shop, but our navigator Shawna spotted it!
The shop had a good authentic feel to it, and what was really cool was that you could actually see the bakers decorating the cakes!
I sampled the buttercake with a cookies & cream frosting.... DELICIOUS!!!
This was one of the best cupcakes I have ever eaten (and considering I had to practically inhale it due to no food while waiting in line to see chelsea). It was moist and flavorful. The frosting wasn't to overpowering and the texture was light and airy... just the way i like it.
And for $ .90 for a mini and $2.25 for a regular sized I felt like I was stealing the cupcake.

If you are ever in that area I definitely recommend stopping by Buttercup Bakery.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/buttercake-bakery-los-angeles

No comments: