Monday, June 21, 2010

blueberry farmers for a day

Blueberry picking! What a fun activity to do. Here is where I heard about the Temecula Berry Co., about 2 1/2 years ago, & I thought "what a fun thing for the kids"
We invited our friends Nicole and Deanna, and Deanna's little girl Brooklyn.
We picked.
We tasted.
We bought.

I love fun summer activities like this.

The blueberries made for some delicious blueberry scones with homemade buttercream icing & also a yummy loaf of banana blueberry bread.

I even picked up some of their raw blueberry & orange blossom honey made from bees of course ;)
So scrumptious on toast, graham crackers, and I can't wait to have a cup of tea with some driblets of honey! 

but did I take pics of my baked art? nope.

But I do have lots more blueberries to make some more homemade goodies :)

No comments: