Thursday, August 22, 2013

Throwback Thursday

 So we just started a new school year last week. FOURTH and SECOND grade! Where or where did my babies go?! Seriously. Time just goes faster and faster. I want to freeze time. But God didn't leave me that ability. He did leave me with the ability to soak up every minute of their childhood and to appreciate them as individuals (and the ability to take a ridiculous amount of pictures).

These pictures below are from last year when they started THIRD and FIRST grade. This was the first year that BOTH kids went full day. Now I have 2 weeks off still of work in between their first day of school and my first day of school. And I remember being so bored that first day when they were at school all day. I mean what was I to do? I had no one to clean up after. No one asking me if I could get them juice. No one asking me to play a game with them. No one asking me if they could watch a t.v. show. No one. It was bizarre. But I found different things to do to occupy my time while counting down the hours that I got to see them again.


 And that takes us to this year. And yup. Here I sit, still bored, with no one. But I will say it's been nice to have quiet mornings knowing that they love their school, teachers, and friends. And I get to do things that are productive... like blog ;)

Abby did miss her first day of second grade due to a fever. She was bummed but willed herself better just in time for the second day.


We are all looking forward to this school year. Lots of learning and growing to be done. I am so thankful that I get to be a part of their education by volunteering and making a difference in their lives.

No comments: