Thursday, January 4, 2018

Blowing the Dust off the Blog

Wow. I didn't even know my blog still existed. To see this space bring back many memories and it fills my heart with joy. This space was so dear to me. A space where I documented memories, thoughts, pictures, and all the crazy that life threw our way.

A lot, and I mean A LOT, has happened since I sat down to write in this space. We moved our family of 4 to Portland, Oregon in 2016. Where we would grow closer and stronger as a family unit of our own. We learned to trust God more than ever. We grew more confident in our abilities to establish morals, rules, and traditions. Fast forward to October 2016 and Sam was given the opportunity to interview for a promotion in Austin, Texas. Trust me, my first thought was "we literally just made the biggest move of our life and you want us to do it all over again?" But I heard a whisper in the back of my mind saying "be supportive" and I knew that was God telling me to let go of control. He interviewed. He got the job. And we made another HUGE move in January 2017. To Austin, Texas.

Now let me tell you. This transition wasn't as easy as the move to Portland. (I may have left a small piece of my heart in the Pacific Northwest). Our family of 4 lived in a 750 square foot tiny house (Texas style, because you know everything is bigger in Texas) for the first 8 months while we built a home. It was a time to really learn to appreciate everything around us including each other. We spent a lot of time together (practically on top of each other) laughing, and sometimes getting frustrated with one another because, ya know, personal space. I hauled our laundry to a laundry mat once a week. We had no fence for the dog to roam freely. And our neighbors liked to play music every Friday night until wee-hours. But we are grateful we got to experience all of that. It made me realize that stuff is just stuff, and that our relationships are what really matter.

We moved into our new home August of 2017. And let me tell you, we all still do a happy dance that we are in our home. This is our first home purchase and it is so fun to have a house that we can truly make our own. It has been a crazy ride for sure. 

I decided at the beginning of this year that I would quit my job and be a home maker until God shows me what He wants me to pursue. I am looking forward to 2018 and finding a passion once again. Whether it be in home design, party planning... or who knows God might throw me a curve ball and send me in a totally different direction. But, I am planning to use this space a lot more and start getting my creative juices flowing once again. Even if no one but me ever reads this blog I will be satisfied that I have an outlet.

No comments: